A Meaningful Career at Children's Aid Society
2019 marks Children’s Aid Society’s 117th year serving the community. Through the years, we have adapted our programmes and services to meet evolving social needs. At Melrose Home (Children’s Aid Society), we provide a nurturing home away from home for vulnerable children and youth who are coping with family violence and child neglect issues.
Moving forward, we strive to play a bigger role in preventive work for our vulnerable beneficiaries and support underserved families in the rest of the community. This will be achieved through a new service centre in Woodlands that aims to deliver early psychological and therapeutic interventions for children and youth in need. This is scheduled to start operations in early 2019.
If you are interested to be a part of our dynamic team and advocate for the successful lives, stable families, and a strong community, below is a list of our available positions.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide supervision in the Home and to ensure adequate care of the residents at all times.
- Provide guidance for residents in supporting their growth and development, which include laundry, medical, meal services, health & hygiene, homework, escort & supervision etc.
- To promote self-regulation, reinforce Home Rules and manage disciplinary situations in a safe and sensitive manner.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Guidance Officers, Social Workers, Residential Care Managers and Youth Workers in the development and delivery of biopsychosocial and educational programmes for residents.
- Involve in planning programme & activities for the residents
- NITEC in Community Care & Social Services
- Able to develop and deliver biopsychosocial or educational programmes for residents.
- Demonstrate kindness and concern toward every individual
- Uphold high ethical standards and demonstrate a high level of trust and honesty in words and actions
- Show passion and commitment
- Act in the best interests of beneficiaries
Preferred achievements / characteristics
- Preferably some working experiences with children & youth
- Able to work on two shifts, weekends & Public Holidays (5 days work week)
(AM Shift : 7am to 4pm OR PM Shift :12.45pm to 9.45pm