A Special School Holiday
This year’s mid-year school holidays (brought forward to 5 May – 1 June) proves to be very different. With our young residents having to remain within the Home for safety, our care team have come up with creative ways to engage them.
- Our boys participated in origami, simple poetry writing and some good ol’ bubbles fun. They also embarked on fun treasure hunts, where they had to solve puzzles and identify mystery locations around the dorm.
- We were glad to see them channel their boundless energy into becoming wonderful little helpers for a day too. They helped with spring cleaning and worked hard to wipe down their dorm areas and windows. They also assisted our housekeeping staff with gardening tasks. With such tender loving care, we hope our fruit and vegetable garden will grow and bear fruit well
- The team experimented with DIY clay art by mixing simple ingredients of flour, water and salt. This works as a non-toxic dough, which hardens like clay when air-dried. Our children made various figurines (spot the animals, snowman and packet of Macdonalds fries!) and also used leaf imprinting technique to create lovely leaf clay pieces.
- To celebrate this year’s Hari Raya in a special way, our children decorated their own dorms with handmade festive decorations. Our boys also tried their hand at making ondeh ondeh kueh for the occassion.
- In addition, we threw a little ‘social distancing’ bash for our dear May birthday babies!