Supporting Community Education on Family Violence
Dr Frederick Low (Executive Director of Children’s Aid Society) and Mr Alvin Chua (Director & Principal Social Worker of Melrose Home – Children’s Aid Society) had the wonderful opportunity to participate in various Mandarin radio interviews to raise awareness on Family Violence in Singapore.
Through the interviews, we hope to share more insight on:
– The increasing trend of reported family violence during the challenging Circuit Breaker
– Long-term impact of family violence and trauma on young victims
– How to identify critical stressors and various forms that family violence can manifest (types of victims, forms of physical & psychological abuse, types of symptoms)
– Ways to seek support and therapy to improve marital relationships before escalation to family violence
– What we can do as a family member, relative, or neighbour to break the silence on this worrying issue and seek help
>> Interview with DJ Anna 林安娜 from 96.3 好FM《娜些美好的》健康娜件事 – Listen to interview uploaded on Facebook here.
>> Interview with 95.8FM 早点正能量 – Listen to interview uploaded on Facebook here (starts from the 2hr 11min to 2h 45min mark, approx 35 mins).
As a community, we have our part to play during this difficult period. Do share the National Care Helpline (Tel: 6202-6868) to help anyone facing family violence or anxiety caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. We’re all in this together!